Friday, February 10, 2012

Great Week.. Everything from Peer to Peer to Super big sister!

To tell you the truth life this week as been pretty amazing. I have had a great school week and I love my friends. It's Friday and I have a rite (a big meeting thingie) for my girls group the International Order of the Rainbow for Girls tomorrow so i must hit the hay soon. But ofcourse i wanted to post here first. I started this new group with a select few of my friends for our school. It is called Peer to Peer and it is all about anti bullying and the effects of bullying on children. It will be real high schoolers talking to the kids they see in the hallways everyday. * which is totally true because your school is small! BUT any who I am working super hard on that along with the normal everyday classes and life. Life seems to be picking up at a fast pace reccently anyway. I have alot of things going which is actually kinda normal but i have: Peer to Peer, Spring Musical, Varsity Softball, SADD (Students Against Disructive dessions) , SWAG (Social Welfare & Awareness Group), and I have Rainbow and the boy version of Rainbow that I help with called International Order of DeMolay. Of course if that wasn't enough I have to help out the family and I work my swimming lessons teacher job.... but enough about me for tonight! I wanted to end with how i helped one of my dear family friends that is in 7th grade. MIDDLE SCHOOL SUCKS lets just get that out in open. BUT she needed a big sister figure and i was so happy to be there for her. So Yup like I said good week and I hope the weekend ends it all with the perfect closing. So as i end another post i would like to Challenge you yet again... this time play this anti- bullying game with some friends and maybe you will find at you too can take a stand to bullying. HERE ARE THE DIRECTIONS:   ·         play a version of Simon Says in which only some students will respond to each command.
o    Simon says "Everyone who has ever been called a hurtful name stand up."
o    Simon says "Everyone who has cried because of a bully raise your hand."
o    Simon says "Everyone who's had a family member with a sickness that makes them be look down on put a hand on your head."
o    Simon says "Everyone who has bullied others stand on one leg."
o    Simon says "Everyone who wants bulling to stop sit down."
o    Simon says "Everyone who wants to take a stand on bullying stand up"
Now Simon says "Everyone clap for wanting to change our school.'

Thanks again guys! Talk to you soon! 
Rachie 

No comments:

Post a Comment